Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Movies!

I love summer movies! At the beginning of the year you get all the bad movies that were not worthy of Oscar mention. In the spring you get a few good ones and some indie films but no big blockbusters as they are waiting for the summer and starting in September you get all the Oscar contenders which can be a bit too serious sometimes. But summer! You get big budget blow 'em up movies, silly comedies, action and more action, fun kids releases and check your brain at the door nothing but a good time movie. Ahh summer...

We saw Star Trek (I think I've mentioned that already) and that started the summer movies off with a bang! Can't wait for Transformers and Public Enemies (Johnny Depp anyone?).

The last one we saw was The Hangover. Another great adult comedy. I'm so happy that film makers have started to realize that people over the age of 25 want to see a good comedy. Thanks to Judd Apatow for starting this trend! The Hangover was a great laugh.

I did however have a complaint and this was not the first movie (I doubt it will be the last) where this has come up.

This idea that men should fear marriage, that life will be over when they marry and the whole bachelor party weekend is the last time they will ever have any fun is ridiculous and I wish writers would stop this. First of all marriage ain't a walk in the park for the woman. In the real world if you don't want to get married then don't. Despite what movies would have us believe women do not spend day after day hoping for a marriage proposal (not the sane ones anyhow) and when we do get married we don't turn into screeching witches who won't let her husband out of the house.

That's my complaint but it certainly didn't make the movie any less enjoyable. It did bring up some discussions and I even made my point to my son so he doesn't think this is how it really is.

Enjoy the sunshine and popcorn!

CN

No comments:

The Killer B's

The Killer B's
Butch and Bruiser