Monday, May 18, 2009

What's Happening in my Town...

The Calgary Roughnecks won the 2009 NLL Champions Cup. They beat the New York Titans by a score of 12-10. This is the second time in franchise history that the 'Necks have won the Champions Cup and I can proudly say I was there both times. If you've never checked out an NLL game I would strongly suggest getting tickets for next season. The games are fast, rough and loud! Lots of fun and it's still affordable!


Yesterday we walked the B's at Princes Island Park in 24c temperatures and sunshine. Today is cold and wet. Oh how I love Calgary and it's weather!


My garden looks lovely though and yes I have a garden gnome....



We've been enjoying many of the theatre that Calgary has to offer. We recently saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at Theatre Calgary, we will be seeing Evil Dead the Musical soon and I just got my tickets for the Lion King in August. We also took in Alberta Ballet's production of Alice in Wonderland. I feel very lucky to live in a city that offers so much. I was disappointed that I missed Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra doing the music of Led Zeppelin. That would have been awesome!
Just a couple more weeks until Spock Days in Vulcan! I will be introducing some new items shortly to go along with it. Stay tuned for the unveiling!
CN




No comments:

The Killer B's

The Killer B's
Butch and Bruiser